(WSVN) – Start the new year on a healthy note with a Mediterranean dish packed with flavor. That’s what’s cooking tonight, as we grab a Bite with Belkys.
The Chef: Juan Pablo Hoenninger
The Restaurant: Motek, Miami
The Dish: Cauliflower Tabbouleh
1 whole cauliflower, blanched
1 bunch of cilantro
1 bunch of parsley
3 tbsp chopped scallions
1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
1 tsp Pomegranate molasses
1 tsp lime juice
1 pinch black pepper
1 pinch salt
1 tsp honey
4 cups pomegranate juice
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
Method of Preparation:
- Grate the cauliflower so the texture appears rice-like.
- Add chopped parsley, cilantro, scallions, pomegranate seeds and mix together in a bowl.
- To make the dressing: add pomegranate molasses, lime juice, black pepper, salt, and honey, and mix together until the dressing is formed.
- Pour into the cauliflower mixture to obtain the final result.
- In a large, uncovered saucepan, heat pomegranate juice, sugar, and lemon juice on medium-high until the sugar has dissolved and the juice simmers.
- Reduce heat just enough to maintain a simmer.
- Simmer for about an hour, or until the juice has a syrupy consistency, and has reduced to 1 to 1 1/4 cups. Add more sugar if you want it to be sweeter.
- Pour into a jar and let cool in the refrigerator.
(located inside Seybold Jewelry Building)
36 NE 1st St., Suite 132
Miami, FL 33132
Copyright 2022 Sunbeam Television Corp. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.