The brain is the vital organ in the body as it takes responsibility for many tasks to instruct the release of proper hormones/enzymes for the food metabolism, release signals to the organ /tissue, and so on. It is our concern to keep the brain active and energized. To keep the brain active, many things work out interestingly. Here is a cool article that will guide you to the necessary Tips on how to increase brain power.
What are the interesting ways to increase brain power?
Following are the few lifestyle modifications considered Tips to increase brain power.
- Increasing brainstorming activities
- Deep breath
- Stay hydrated
- Getting enough sleep
- Regular physical exercise
- Avoid eating junk foods
- Relax yourself
- Drop stress out of your body
- Keep learning something new
- Take care of your emotions.
What are the foods that can increase brain power?
- Dark chocolate
- Pumpkin seeds
- It contains components such as About 70% of your brain is made of lipid material, and a major portion of the brain is filled with that fatty muscle abundant with omega-3 fatty acids.
- Your brain utilizes omega-3 fatty acids to the creation of new brain and nerve cells, and these fats are fundamental for learning and memory.
- Omega-3 fatty acids also offer several additional benefits for your brain.
Eggs are a rich source of nutrients that boost the brain, including vitamins B6 and B12, folate, and choline.
Choline is a vital micronutrient that your body uses to generate acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter that assists in muscle contraction, memory, and cognition.
Vitamin B is abundant in eggs which are associated with benefits for brain health.
Broccoli is filled with rich in vitamin K and contains antioxidants
It’s also very high in vitamin K to get a good memory process and cognitive skills.
This fat-soluble vitamin is vital and required for the formation of sphingolipids. Sphingolipids act as a chemoreceptor for toxins.
Oranges are a rich source of vitamin C which acts as an antioxidant, concentration, and decision part. It may protect your brain cells against mental disorders like Alzheimer’s and schizophrenia. Vitamin C is also available in other fruits such as guava, gooseberry, grapefruits, and strawberries.
Several nourishment discovered in nuts, such as healthy fats, antioxidants, and vitamin E, may explain their beneficial effects on brain health. Nuts are one of the most effective Tips to increase brain power.
Vitamin E protects cells and is an anti-oxidative agent against mental health aging.
While all nuts are rich in omega 3-fatty acids. It acts as a reducing agent in swelling and inflammation in your brain.
Dark chocolate :
Dark chocolate is filled with increasing brain power such as flavonoids, caffeine, and antioxidants.
The flavonoids in the chocolate gather from the brain that deals with learning and memory. It can increase mental alertness.
Coffee is rich in caffeine which helps in boosting alertness, increasing focus, and enhancing mood function.
Pumpkin seeds :
- Zinc. This element is fundamental for brain growth and development. The deficiency leads to many neurological disorders, such as Alzheimer’s disease.
- Magnesium. The deficiency of magnesium leads to anxiety, headache, and sleep deprivation.
- Copper. Copper helps in the synthesis of neurotransmitters and increases mental alertness.
- Iron. Iron plays a key role in cognitive function in the brain.
Interesting ways to improve brain health :
Here are a few more tips to increase brain power and mental health.
- Increasing brainstorming activities :
Brainstorming can give your brain the boost of what all needs to be done. It’s a very good methodology of giving exercise to the brain by making the work in a simpler form. It can cover up the synopsis of what you do in the task and will not leave you overwhelmed.
Deep breathing assists you in enhancing the proper circulation of blood and oxygen levels, which in turn supports better brain function. Developing the habit of practicing 10-15 minutes of deep breathing can help you serve better brain function.
Taking a break can help the brain to take charge. If you switch to some other activities that make you happy, you can do that to keep active and stable.
Drinking more water helps make your brain active and carries micronutrients. It won’t function as well if you’re dehydrated. So make sure to keep drinking water all day, at least 1-2 liters of water. It is very significant to take fruit juices to increase your brain power.
When you aren’t getting enough sleep, brain function gets worse. Getting enough sleep enhances creativity, thinking, concentration of activities, cerebral functioning, problem-solving, and memory, so good sleep is necessary for mental health processing.
- Getting to the part of regular exercise :
Physical exercise can enhance the oxygen flow to your brain, which will help it better process and function. It also releases neurotransmitters that improve your mood and protect the aging of brain cells. It involves the production of neurons and results in refreshment.
When you are under stress, the brain instructs the cortisol to produce more glucocorticoid hormones; temporarily, it is fine. When it lasts for a long time, it increases blood sugar, shrinks certain areas of the brain, causes mental illness, alters the brain structure, and dies.
- Keep learning something new :
- Getting and learning something new which keeps us feel energetic and helps us to stimulate more neural approaches.
- It takes intellectual effort and will help increase your brain power.
- You could take up any new activities that give you pleasure by exercising, writing poems and articles, initiating designing household items in an innovative manner of cooking, embroidery, and designing the picture in your way of interest.
If you’re enjoying yourself and learning new things, your brain will be delighted and energetic.
Indulge in brain games that activate signals improve cognition:
- Perform a crossword puzzle :
When you do a crossword puzzle, more brains start to work energetically when it searches for an answer. It is a good exercise to prevent mental disorders like dementia.
When it comes to puzzles, searching for a missing puzzle will improve brain memory and cognition.
- Playing memory card games :
When you are involved in memory games, the more your brain will start remembering. Pattern recognition helps to form new pathways and delete the unnecessary part of the events.
When indulging in consuming junk foods leads to anxiety, depression, mood fluctuation, and sluggishness.
Final thoughts :
The brain is a wonderful organ. The more you take care of your mental health by giving an adequate amount of nutritious food, cutting down stress that damages your brain, learning something new, and increasing your brain power is about generating the results, i.e., the formation of habits and habits take time to build when you continuously involved in learning new things and editing your old beliefs. You can consult a neurologist at the fortis hospital, cunningham road for brain issues.