Chubby cheeks are cute, but have you thought of the struggles of those who resent their chubby face? Face fat results from accumulated fat tissues in the cheeks, chin, and other parts of the face. Generally speaking, a clear jawline represents a properly balanced body. Facial fat can be painful and can be a cause of concern. Face fat is caused mainly by fat accumulations on the facial surface. Losing face fat is challenging but not impossible. This article is for those who want sharp features like a chiseled jawline, sharp nose, and sculpted cheekbones. We are here to guide you on “how to lose fat in face”. So stay tuned for the tips to reduce facial fat.
Can You Lose Fat Solely from your face?
There is insufficient evidence to support fat loss targeted to a specific area, like the face. Some researchers have demonstrated that spot reduction of fat is a myth.
- This is because fat cells are stored all over your body and can all be broken down and used as fuel during activity.
- These fat deposits can come from everywhere in your body, not simply where you’re exercising.
- Instead of focusing on losing fat solely from your face, it’s better to focus on general fat loss and weight loss, which can reduce excess facial fat.
10 Effective Ways to Lose Fat in Face –
Following are the most effective tip to reduce facial fat instantly –
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is the greatest approach to losing face fat. Regularly exercise, eat a well-balanced diet, avoid processed foods, do facial exercises, etc.
A healthy diet with good quantities of carbohydrates, proteins, fiber, water, vitamins, and minerals is essential. Incorporate nuts, fresh fruits, fish, meat, lentils, whole grains, and green vegetables. Reduce your intake of sugar, salt, and fried foods because they raise blood sugar and salt levels and contribute to undesirable fat.
- Get Rid of Excess Body Fat:
The first step to losing fat in the face is decreasing overall weight as fat reduction cannot happen with diet alone. Adopt a calorie deficit diet. Consume fewer calories throughout the day so that your body can utilize stored fat as energy. Incorporate regular workouts into your regimen, which will help you lose weight, enhance your metabolism, and slim down your face and body. Fortunately, if you want a thinner face, your body first targets fat in the neck, chin, and face.
Water is essential for your overall health. Water flushes out harmful toxins from the body, enhances fluid circulation, and reduces bloating. Water, according to studies, can help you feel full and lose weight. You might have noticed that drinking water before a meal reduces the number of calories ingested throughout the meal. Water also helps in temporarily increasing your metabolism and helps in weight loss.
- Cut Down on Processed Foods and Refined Carbohydrates:
Refined carbohydrates are heavily processed, depleting essential nutrients and fiber, leaving only calories and sugar. Due to low fiber content, it quickly gets digested. This causes blood sugar rises and crashes, making you more likely to overeat. Studies have shown that a high intake of refined carbohydrates is associated with increased fat storage, weight gain, and obesity. Cut down on cookies, pasta, and crackers. Instead, eat whole grains. It may aid in overall weight loss, as well as loss of fat in the face.
Loss of sleep can increase the stress hormone cortisol. High cortisol levels are associated with adverse effects like irregular eating habits, dullness, weight gain, drowsiness, decreased metabolism, etc. A good night’s sleep of six to eight hours minimizes water retention and helps the body burn fat faster. It might not be easy to get a sound sleep in your busy schedule. But try to catch up and squeeze in as much sleeping time as possible.
High salt intake causes bloating, facial swelling, and puffiness. This is because sodium causes fluid retention; in simple words, your body retains additional water. Because processed foods account for more than 75% of salt intake in your usual diet, eliminate convenience meals, savory snacks, and processed meats. Table salt is a source of sodium. Therefore, reduce your consumption.
Cardio exercise or aerobic exercise refers to any physical activity raising your heart rate. It is a highly effective way of weight loss as it burns fat and treats obesity. You should include swimming, walking, dancing, running, biking, etc., into your lifestyle for a healthy heart and life.
Moderate consumption of alcohol is harmless, but excess alcohol consumption is a leading cause of bloating, obesity, increased belly fat, and weight gain. This is because alcohol contains loads of calories but no essential nutrients. Being a diuretic, it increases urine output and causes dehydration. According to some studies, alcohol may influence the levels of some hormones that affect hunger and appetite. It may reduce leptin levels, a hormone that enhances feelings of fullness.
- Practise Facial Exercises:
It is said that facial exercises can tone facial muscles, improve facial appearance, combat aging, improve facial muscle strength, and make your face look slimmer. A study discovered that doing face muscle workouts twice a day for eight weeks boosted muscle thickness and promoted facial rejuvenation. You can perform these simple and common exercises to reduce fat in the face. Following are the tips to reduce facial fat through face exercise.
- Mouthwash Exercise: This is one of the most effective tips to reduce facial fat. Fill your mouth with air. Move the air in your mouth like you use a mouthwash. Pass the air from one side of your cheek to the other. Continue the exercise for 15 seconds, then relax and do it 10-times more. This procedure will tone the cheek muscles and provide a sculpted jawline.
- Lip Pull Exercise: This workout results in a complete facelift, a pointed chin, and sharp jawbones. Keeping your head motionless, stretch out your jawbones and elevate your bottom lip as far as possible. Hold the position for 15 to 20 seconds and then repeat at least 15 times.
- Fish Lip Exercise: The fish lip workout tones and stretches the cheek muscles, giving them a thinner appearance. Make your lips like a fish by sucking your cheeks and lips into your mouth while keeping your head still. Hold this position for 15 to 20 seconds and then repeat it 20 times.
- Jaw Release Exercise: Close your mouth and pretend to chew your meal while sitting in a neutral stance. Continue for 20 seconds, then relax and repeat 10 to 15 times. This practice will assist in eliminating double chins and create a more appealing jawline.
- Chin Lift Exercise: Stand still, and tilt your head back to view the ceiling. Pull your lips together in a kissing motion to create strain at the jawline. Hold the position for 15 seconds before repeating it ten times. This facial exercise is useful in producing a defined jawline and chin.
How to Prevent Excess Fat Accumulation in Face?
Maintaining a healthy weight through lifestyle adjustments is the greatest strategy for people to prevent face fat. Some suggestions for maintaining a healthy weight include:
- Consuming a well-balanced meal high in protein, vitamins, minerals, and fibers.
- Regular exercise and a practice variety of aerobic activities.
- Reduce processed food consumption.
- Consuming plenty of water and avoiding sugary drinks such as energy drinks, juices, and sodas.
Controlling body weight is essential. This, in turn, helps to lose fat in face. Such a bonus! There are many strategies on how to lose fat in face. Eat a balanced diet, regularly do aerobic exercises, reduce alcohol consumption, facial practice exercises, reduce salt intake and see the change for yourself.