Having periods after taking emergency contraceptive pills is important. Periods after taking pills are signs that you are not pregnant, and any content that stays within your uterus will be flushed out of your body through periods. So, it is understandable that you will expect your periods, but the question is- within what time can you expect your periods after taking any contraceptive pills? How much can be the maximum delay in periods after taking ipill or any contraceptive pill? Herein, we will discuss the effects, and side effects of using any contraceptive, how the i-pill [one of the contraceptive pills flourishing in the markets] affects your body, how much you should consume per day, etc.
Some useful facts about the use of contraceptive
- Contraceptives affect the length of your menstrual cycle. This means that after the bleeding, your periods may take a week earlier or a week later. Usually, it can be anywhere or anytime between the week after taking your pill.
- However, the arrival of menstrual periods after taking contraceptives may also take longer, i.e., more than a week or 10- days.
What can be the benefits and side effects of using any contraceptive pill?
The commonly used hormone that is found in the majority of contraceptive pills is called levonorgestrel. This kind of hormone is present in such pills in large quantities or heavy doses. This hormone helps to prevent an egg’s release from the ovary and thereby prevents the formation of an embryo under any unusual circumstances in the womb.
Such pills are available at any medical store in the form of a pack of one tablet or two tablets that must be consumed within 72 hours after unprotected sexual intercourse.
- The effectiveness of the contraceptive pills is around 90 percent, and they can propose the chance of failure up to the remaining 10 percent.
- The results of any contraceptive pill may vary from person to person or from pill to pill.
- The sooner you take your emergency pill after unprotected sex, the more effective it will be for your body.
- Moreover, a contraceptive pill is effective for up to 24 hours of the day.
- Taking a heavy dose of the contraceptive pills at once may disrupt your menstrual flow or cycle. You can have a delay in your regular menstrual flow.
- Despite this, the excessive use of pills can cause nausea, breast discomfort, pain, vomiting, etc.
- There can be chances that you can get pregnant even after taking the correct dose of pill at the right time.
- There can also be chances that you may have your regular menstrual flow after taking the contraceptive pill, which may give you false signs of your disruptive pregnancy.
- Also, if you still have a pregnancy even after taking contraceptives, you do not need to worry because it will be safe and secure like any other woman who has not taken any pill.
Book Free Appointment for Best Gynecologist in India HERE.
How much can be the maximum delay in periods after taking ipill?
There can also be chances that you may develop a condition called Amenorrhea. It is not any disease but the absence of menstrual flow that generally occurs with a few women even after taking contraceptives.
- You can have missed periods for your first one or two cycles after taking an ipill. This is normal until the menstrual cycle resumes after one or two missed periods. Afterward, you can try reaching your doctor or can seek the right solution.
- You do not need to worry if your periods resume within one or two months of your menstrual cycle. Moreover, you may bleed for three to six days after taking an ipill. This may indicate that there is no risk of pregnancy in any case.
- Amenorrhea is the usually known side effect of taking an ipill. It is not a matter of fear; you only need to be relaxed and watch your periods coming within one or two months.
- This delay can be seen with any woman using an ipill. Also, it may take around one or two months for your body to normalize the internal body system and resume the regular menstrual flow.
It is completely normal if using contraceptive pills like i-pill affects the timing of your menstrual flow. It may take weeks to arrive or around 3- weeks to show the possibility of whether you are pregnant or not.
Also read: What are the best remedies for irregular periods?
Will an I-pill (contraceptive pill) use affect a woman’s fertility?
No, I-pill is the known morning-after pill, which has never proved to show an effect of it on the fertility of any woman. Fertility with the use of the i-pill is never affected or gives you fewer chances of pregnancy in the future until you use it as a drug or for any intentional motive like stopping someone’s pregnancy for the whole life. However, you should not be confused with using these contraceptives to abort pregnancies.
You may have seen a huge hype over contraceptive pills’ use to stop unwanted pregnancies after unprotected sexual activities. But, there is no information on the regular use of such contraceptives. If you are using a contraceptive for a year, there can be around a 20 percent chance of pregnancy, whereas the regular use of contraceptives can give you around less than 1 percent chance of with your pregnancy.
Q- How many times should I take an i-pill?
Ans. You can take an ipill within 72 hours or 3 days after having an unprotected sexual activity.
Q- Can i-pill be used as an abortion pill?
Ans. No, you cannot use it as an abortion pill.
Q- Can i-pill protect you 100% after unsafe sexual activities?
Ans. There exists only a 10 percent chance that it may be ineffective for your pregnancy prevention.
Q- Can the use of an i-pill fail?
Ans. Yes, several contraceptive pills fail after the correct use. They can pose you with false bleeding, and you can still be pregnant. But such chances are only 10%.
Q- Should I seek a pregnancy test after taking an ipill tablet?
Ans. You can go for a pregnancy test if bleeding does not occur.
Q- What can be the sign or symptoms if an i-pill doesn’t work?
Ans. It can lead to false bleeding and false side effects like cramping, menstrual bleeding, etc.
Q- How much can be the maximum delay in periods after taking ipill?
Ans. The use of contraceptives can take around one or two months for your regular periods after the normal bleeding.